Monday, January 21, 2008

Putting Feet on MLK's Dream

I'm so thrilled to see people remembering MLK by making a difference today. Hearing the speech's, echoing the monologues, watching the Civil Rights footage all are wonderful but let's allow his legacy to catapult us into action today. Here's a friend of mine that has taken a personal interest in understanding the struggle and triumphs of African Americans. Check out this article and give him some feedback. How's MLK's legacy challenging you to change today? Let me know.

1 comment:

Donna Maria said...

The thing it's reminding me of is his wish that his children would be judged by the content of their character. I am challenged daily to instill in my children the importance of character that springs forth from a pure heart. I am inspired to do that every time I hear those words echo in my head. I want my children to be judged -- and to judge others -- not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. Few words, but oh so powerful.